September 9, 2015
Media Contact: Jonathan Long, president, Wichita Urban Professionals
316-207-2548 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(Wichita, KS) – Wichita Urban Professionals, an auxiliary of the Urban League of Kansas, is celebrating its second anniversary and kicking off its inaugural recognition event, Dreamchasers, for the city’s young, diverse and talented. The event, presented by Spirit AeroSystems, is scheduled for Saturday, September 12, 2015 at Abode, 1330 E. Douglas. A networking hour begins at 6 p.m. and the program, emceed by Royce Stevenson of Power 93.5, begins at 7 p.m. Ann Fox, of Wichita Habitat for Humanity, will be the featured speaker in an evening that will highlight six award categories. Recognition categories and honorees include:
An after-party featuring Wichita native, DJ Chris “Playmaker” Stimpson of Kansas City’s Hot 103 Jamz is also planned.
- Corporate – Koch Industries, Inc. for its community engagement efforts with the Wichita Griots, Rise Up for Youth, the United Negro College Fund, the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas and the Kansas Hispanic and Education Development Foundation, among others.
- Mentor – Brian Black of Spirit AeroSystems, whose mentor work includes helping organize CCAP, the Collegiate Career Advancement Program, among other efforts
- Collegiate Impact Awards – Joseph Shepard, Student Body President, Wichita State University; and LAT.IN.A (Latina Interest Association)
- Civic Leader Awards – Brandon Johnson, director of Community Operations Recovery Empowerment, Inc. (CORE) and Angela Scott, Principal of the Ubuntu Village Saturday School
- Entrepreneur Awards – Carlos Fernandez, co-founder of Clutch Studios and Jondalyn Crosby, founder of Road to Hauteness
- Urban Professional of the Year – who will be named at the event.
“Great work is being done by Wichita’s young, diverse and talented. Some of that work is recognized while some is still unknown,” said Jonathan Long, President of Wichita Urban Professionals. “We want to highlight some this great work from the knowns and unknowns and have an event where the community can come together and celebrate the work of the young, diverse and talented, collectively.”
Wichita Urban Professionals works to create a rising network of leaders to improve the quality of life in the urban communities of Wichita. The organization appreciates the additional sponsorship support of Wichita State University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Westar Energy, Midwest Single Source, CML Collective, LLC, Facility Interiors, Inc. and Glam 1 Studio, LLC.
Dreamchasers tickets cost $30 for individuals; table sponsorships are also available. Tickets may be purchased at the Urban League of Kansas, 2418 E. Ninth Street. For more information about Wichita Urban Professionals, please visit www.ictup.org or contact Jonathan Long, 316-207-2548 or email@example.com.
2418 E. NINTH STREET, WICHITA, KS 67214 │ WWW.ICTUP.ORG
Get updates right in your inbox.
Stay up to date with all the news from Koch.