September 9, 2015
Managing Director, External Affairs
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC
WICHITA, Kan. – Koch companies around the globe have earned a total of 1,046 awards since 2009. These honors recognize Koch companies around the globe for using resources wisely and efficiently, operating safely, enriching our communities, developing innovative products and delivering outstanding customer service.
“Koch Industries is one of the most diverse companies in the world. From ranching to refining, each day Koch employees apply a steadfast commitment to excellence,” said David Dotson, managing director of operations excellence and compliance for Koch. “These awards and honors are among the many accomplishments our employees can be proud of at work and in their communities.”
A complete list of awards is available here.
- Georgia-Pacific's cellulose mill in Brunswick, Georgia: Leadership in Sustainability Water Award and Leaders in Sustainability Award from the American Forest & Paper Association
- Flint Hills Resources’ terminals group: five Safety Excellence Awards and a Platinum Safety Award from International Liquid Terminals Association
- INVISTA and Koch Fertilizer: both have received the Grand Slam Award from the Association of American Railroads for safe shipping practices
- Matador Cattle Company’s Matador Ranch: Lone Star Land Steward Award, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department; Outstanding Rangeland Stewardship Award from Texas Section Society of Range Management and Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, regional Environmental Stewardship Award sponsored by the Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, Dow AgroSciences, National Cattlemen’s Foundation and National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Molex: the Collaboration Award from the Chicago Innovation Awards, John Deere Supplier Innovation Award, Innovation for Growth Award from Philips Lighting, and Best Innovative Supplier Award from Samsung
- Koch Membrane Systems: Water Technology Company of the Year from the International Desalination Association
- 12 Koch companies' sites: Wildlife Habitat Council certification for environmental stewardship and education. Flint Hills Resources - Rosemount, Minnesota, and Corpus Christi, Texas; INVISTA - Camden, South Carolina, Victoria, Texas and Waynesboro, Virginia; Georgia-Pacific - Green Bay, Wisconsin (Broadway facility), New Augusta and Monticello, Mississippi, Big Island, Virginia, and Savannah, Georgia; and Matador Cattle Co. Beaverhead Ranch, Dillon, Montana
- Koch Industries has received six awards from Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters, including Top Corporate Partners Award and Top Companies with Employee Bigs Award
About Koch Industries, Inc.
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, biofuels and ingredients; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $70 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in more than 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 1,000 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit www.kochnews.com.
Like Koch Industries on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KochIndustries
Follow us on Twitter: @Koch_Industries
Get updates right in your inbox.
Stay up to date with all the news from Koch.